The procedure of wisdom tooth extraction: Wisdom Tooth Surgery Chandigarh
- The first step is anesthetizing the area around the wisdom tooth using local anesthesia.
- The next step is the incision of soft tissues covering the tooth and the bone.
- Now comes the step of bone removal to access the tooth inside the bone
- If the angulation of the wisdom tooth is such that removal in a single piece is not possible, then your surgeon may split the tooth into two pieces
- Now when the tooth is cut, it is easier to remove the small parts of the single tooth
- If necessary, the wound is closed using sutures, and finally, the surgeon will place a gauze piece over the wound to promote the formation of a blood clot
Complications of not getting wisdom tooth surgery Chandigarh
- If the tooth is partially erupted the, cleaning and maintaining the oral hygiene becomes difficult
- Lodgement of food causes bad breath
- Increased chances of gum infection
- Sometimes unerupted teeth, if not extracted, may lead to cyst formation.
- There are chances of bone infection and the spread of disease into various fascial spaces.
- If the impacted tooth is not angulated correctly, it may affect the adjacent teeth and lead to their decay.
To avoid such complications, it is best to get wisdom tooth surgery done timely. Our experts will diagnose the severity of the case and form a customized surgical plan for your case to ensure you have an experience like never before.
Aftercare and precautions: wisdom tooth surgery Chandigarh
- After the surgery your wound is packed with a gauze. Keep that gauze in your mouth firmly for an hour.
- Keep your head elevated while sleeping to avoid bleeding
- Use ice pack compressions from outside to avoid swelling
- Do not rinse your mouth for the first 24 hrs
- Do not spit out for 24hrs to avoid clot dislodgement
- Eat soft diet for a couple of days from the other side of the mouth
- Avoid brushing at the site of surgery
- Take all the medicines as prescribed
- From the second day onwards start with warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day
Post-surgery signs to watch out for in wisdom tooth surgery Chandigarh
- Minor bleeding post surgery is normal but uncontrollable bleeding after the surgery has to be reported with your doctor
- Difficulty in breathing or swallowing
- Nasal bleeding
- Increase in swelling on the side of operation
- Fever and pain
- Fowl smell from the mouth
- Oozing out of pus from the socket