What is wisdom tooth surgery?
Wisdom teeth are the last molars that erupt in each corner of the mouth. Due to lack of space, these teeth may not fully erupt in the mouth and remain impacted. Not all wisdom teeth need removal as there are specific indications for wisdom tooth surgery. A wisdom tooth extraction cost Chandigarh depends on many factors like the difficulty level of the impaction.
Since the tooth is not functionally so significant in the mouth, it is safe to remove it if it is causing recurrent pain and discomfort.
In the information provided below, we will discuss the wisdom tooth extraction in brief, along with the wisdom tooth extraction cost Chandigarh.
When do you need the removal of a wisdom tooth?
- When the wisdom tooth is angulated in such a way that it affects the adjacent tooth
- When there is recurrent pain or discomfort in the area of the wisdom tooth
- When the pain is not subsiding by any other means
- When there is swelling and pain in the overlying soft tissues over the tooth
- Food is getting stuck and causing decay in that region
- Infection of gums leads to other problems
- Difficulty in opening the mouth
- When there is pus formation around the tooth due to infection
These are some of the common indications of wisdom tooth removal, and they indirectly affect the wisdom tooth extraction cost Chandigarh as they make the case more severe
Advantages of wisdom tooth extraction
- Prevents the damage or decay to the adjacent teeth
- It can avoid overcrowding by creating space in some situations
- It helps relieve pain and swelling in the soft tissue around the involved tooth
- It makes oral hygiene practices easy and more effective
- If treated on time, the wisdom tooth extractions can avoid complications like cysts and tumor formation
- Sometimes the wisdom tooth pain is associated with headaches, so the wisdom tooth extraction may help in relieving such pains
Wisdom tooth extraction cost Chandigarh
Wisdom tooth extraction cost Chandigarh depends on the case’s severity and the clinician’s expertise. The wisdom tooth extraction cost ranges from Rs7000-Rs10000, and this is a single-day procedure, and no hospitalization is required. The wisdom tooth extraction done by our team of oral surgeons is entirely painless.