Dental Implants cost in Chandigarh: All you need to know about Dental Implants
What are Dental Implants: Dental Implants cost in Chandigarh
Dental Implants are tiny posts made up of a biocompatible material known as titanium that is directly inserted into jawbones to replace the missing tooth. Dental Implants cost in Chandigarh depends on the type of material used and the status of the jawbone.
The dental implants cost range starts from Rs 25000, varying from case to case. If the jawbone lacks volume and density, additional procedures like bone grafting may be required, which will affect the dental implant cost Chandigarh.
Are dental implants expensive: Dental Implants cost in Chandigarh
Dental implants are the treatment modalities used to replace the missing tooth. Titanium screws are placed surgically into jawbones, offering a long-term permanent solution to the problem of missing teeth. Comparing the longevity and advantages of dental implants to the dental implant cost would not seem expensive in the long run.
Why replacing a tooth important?
Replacing a missing tooth is not just essential to restore the aesthetics but also necessary for the proper functional activities of chewing. If a missing tooth is not replaced for some time, the adjacent teeth start drifting into the space and lead to compromised functioning due to misalignment of the dentition.
Moreover, loss of teeth will lead to deterioration of the jawbone quality as no teeth mean no stimulation of the bones.
Advantages of Dental Implants over Dental bridges
- It feels and looks exactly like a natural tooth
- No damage is done to the neighboring teeth
- A permanent solution to the missing teeth
- Longer lifespan compared with other alternatives
- Effective chewing capacity
- No special care is required for the maintenance
The procedure of Dental Implants
- The first step is a thorough dental examination and medical evaluation of your case to determine eligibility.
- Medical history also plays an essential role when planning dental implants.
- Your dentist will perform a radiographic analysis of the jawbones to evaluate the need for bone grafting before the implant surgery.
- Once the treatment plan is ready and all the tests have been done, the surgery is planned in two steps.
- The first stage is abutment placement, and the second stage is crown placement after the osseointegration process is confirmed radiographically.
Aftercare of Dental Implants
- The maintenance of dental implants is similar to natural teeth and requires no extra effort.
- Brushing teeth and regular flossing will help keep the implants in good condition.
- Using interdental brushes is also beneficial for cleaning the interproximal surfaces of the teeth.
- Regular dental checkups with your dentist are a must for periodic follow-ups.
- If you have a habit of smoking or chewing tobacco, it is best to quit such practices as they can affect the longevity of the dental implants