Everyone wants to have a beautiful smile, and orthodontic treatment is a way to enhance your smile by straightening some misaligned or crooked teeth. Traditional braces treatment was the only way to straighten your teeth earlier. With the advancement of technology, clean clear aligners are the latest devices used to correct malaligned teeth with ease – Powered by Bristles Dental Studios – Clear Aligners in Chandigarh
Clean clear aligners have gained mass popularity because of their aesthetics and ease of use. Due to their removable nature, clear aligners do require some extra attention and care compared to braces.
For effective functioning of the aligners and their long shelf life, it is essential to regularly clean and keep them hygienic and safe. The aligners tend to accumulate plaque and have an unpleasant smell if not taken care of properly.
All the users should remove the aligners when eating or drinking anything other than plain water. Everyone using clear aligners should follow a routine to clean them before putting them back in the mouth.
In the information provided below, we will discuss the effective ways to clean clear aligners at home.
How to clean clear aligners at home?
- Use a soft toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste to clean your aligners.
- Always brush the aligners very gently with light strokes.
- You can also use a denture-cleaning tablet by dissolving it in lukewarm water. Soak the clear aligners in the water with the dissolved tablets for the recommended period for better results.
- Some cleaning crystals that work the same way as denture cleaning tablets are available online and offline
- You can use baking soda and white vinegar mixed with water to clean the clear aligners effectively at home.
What to avoid for the safety of aligners? – Clean Clear Aligners
Apart from knowing what all you can use to clean the aligners, it is crucial to keep in mind the things that should never be used for the safety of the aligners.
- Use an abrasive or a teeth whitening toothpaste
- Use hot or boiling water for cleaning or rinsing the plate. The high temperature may permanently damage the material of the aligner.
- Use colored mouthwash as it may stain your aligners, compromising the aesthetics.
- Use harsh chemicals or a hard toothbrush, assuming that it will be better to clean them. The use of such substances can damage your plate.
General tips to take care of aligners:
Apart from the do’s and don’t, there are some general tips that every clear aligner user should keep in mind for better safety of the aligners.
- Always store your aligners in a cool and dry place. Keeping them in a moist ambiance may attract bacteria growth and make them smell unusual.
- Always keep your aligners in the case provided to you by your orthodontist.
- Make sure you remove the plates when eating or drinking anything other than water.
- Practice good oral hygiene by brushing twice daily and flossing at least once a day.
Keeping your aligners in shape is not that hard. It just requires some extra care and effort to maintain them safely. Remember that the aligners work well when kept in proper condition and form. So always make sure you follow the information provided above to clean your aligners effectively at home and keep them safe.